Monday, July 21, 2008

My First Born, Cowboy Wesley

This photo was taken about 4 years ago, but is one of my favorite photos of Wesley. It needs no words to describe the love for his horse "Wasp". Wasp made it to 28 and we just had to bury him about two months ago. We were all heartbroken especially Wes.

Wes is now 8, almost nine, will be in 3rd grade, loves to read like his dad, ride horses, play baseball, basketball, listen to music and is seriously the best big brother to three little sisters. He is an amazing boy and I am able to be a better mom because of him. He melts the hearts of everyone he meets. Can you tell I am so proud? He has recently started learning to sew, and recently on a trip to Oma's house, my mom, he made a book bag all by himself made of cowboy fabric. He received a wonderful cowboy quilt for his log bed this past Christmas and he adores it. See my Flickr photos for some pics.

Wesley has become quite a little rider and is currently training a small pony with his dad for his little sisters. He wears cowboy boots every day and doesn't believe in wearing shorts (Just like his dad).

I love to watch the joy in his face as he rides. I look forward to watching him grow to a young man. I must disagree on the song, "Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys", because I love it!

No comments: